Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter




We have all (well except Sean who has had his own problems) had the flu. I don't think I've been that sick in a long time, it was rough! Not too mention that during this same week my Mother was flown to Tucson Medical Center with complications. She is home and recovering. The family down in Safford is taking wonderful care of her. In the middle of all this I forgot it was Easter. So instead of the wonderful spiritual holiday, my kids think it's about eggs and candy and a bunny. I tried in my feverish state to have a one on one with Lia about the true meaning of Easter and when I mentioned Christ and his resurrection, she calmly stated that he already had a holiday. What to do with her. Anyway I tried to explain but clearly will have to plan ahead from now on if I want to compete with the TV and school explanation of holidays. I couldn't bring myself to buy white eggs when my fridge is full of eggs even though they were brown. We still had fun and the kids even colored one that was red whitish and green for Josh in Mexico!

No comments: