Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dustin and his little friend?





I have so many pictures from the funeral where so many family was gathered. It was truly and amazing oppotunity for our kids to have a blast with so many cousins and family around. I'll have to post a slide show to show all the fun! We ended the trip with a special treat from Dustin. That morning we were visiting with him. He simply asked "want to see what I have in my plastic tub?" with him that can never be good, because usually that means he's caught a rattlesnake. Of course he had a pretty nice sized snake in the tub which my kids were so eagar to look in. Did I mention I HATE snakes, I hate the way they move, the look of the them just causes too many flashbacks of time in a cotton field hoeing weeds and demolishing rows of cotton hoping to kill the snake in the row. Or time when they'd be in the yard, and especially when Kally got bit by one. I try however not to let my phobias (however valid) affect my kids. So I let them see the critter. It helps that I trust my brother completly. If he says it's okay, it's okay by me. That night after most of the family had left he got out his tub again on the grass and called all the kids over, who had heard about his "friend". He got the snake out and let it crawl around letting them get a good look. We all cautioned them about the danger of messing with any snake, especially this kind. I didn't get to stay to see if he finished his "job" with the snake. He was going to try to de fang it so that his brother in law could use it to train his hunting dogs about rattlesnakes. What a guy! The weekend definatly ended with a bang...or a fang? ha ha
Sorry the pictures are not the best, wrong time of day and I wasn't getting that close, if someone got better picts let me know and we'll swap them out!

No comments: