Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mother's Day phone call


This Mother's Day was pretty special! We got to talk to Josh for quite a bit. To be honest I felt a little guilty, of course it didn't stop us from visiting with him. It was amazing to hear his voice. We went to Safford and the whole family was able to talk to him for a bit. It was so cute to see the kids lined up waiting for their turn. We even mangaged to have family prayer over the phone, he finally has been able to pray in Spanish and he said he couldn't remember how to pray in English. Of course Lia offered to help him. We had him pray in Spanish and by the time he was done Sean and I were both so moved. I may not have understood much of what he said but the spirit was so strong. It was definately hard to hang up the phone. He still cracks me up, and I loved hearing how much he loves the people he serves. It is comforting to me to know he is loved and being taken care of in spite of earthquakes, swine flu and all the violence and drugs. We miss him terribly but are grateful for this experience and what we are all learning. It was the best Mother's Day ever!

No comments: